Monday, May 24, 2021

Adrian Brown a Native of Warren County, Mississippi Reach Back to Help Those in Her Childhood Home

Adrian Brown and Antoinette Harrell
Photo Credit: Walter C. Black, Sr. 

One day the phone rung and I answered the call. On the other end of the phone as a woman who wanted to know if this was Gathering of Heart. After I confirmed that she had the right number and the person she was looking for, she started to tell me about the conditions that some of the people in her childhood home town was living in and if there is anything we could do to help. 

We soon made plans to meet there and she wanted to take me to a few homes. One of the homes was that of an elderly woman who didn't have indoor plumbing, After seeing this with my very own eyes, I couldn't believe that I was standing in America.  How could this be? Why are people living in conditions like this in the 20th Century? There were so many things running through my mind. What could I do to help? What if this was my grandmother? Matter of fact what if this was me?

For moment I thought I was in a third world county, and where but the country that is recognized as one of the richest county in the world. I've had to fight back many tears and push through it to try my best to make some little small difference in someone life if I could. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas Holden, Sr.

Thomas Holden, Sr. Photo Courtesy of Ancestry/Donavin Cole Original submitted by Irishmocha67 Thomas was born in 1828 in Amite County, Missi...