Sunday, July 11, 2021

My 3rd Great-Grandfather Charles McKay History

How much do we know about our family history? If you are a genealogist, you know that finding new information is a happy moment. Most of my genealogy research had been on my maternal side of the family. I guess because I spent the most time with my maternal side of the family. It wasn't until after my father died in 2019, I learned more about his family. My father and I spent some time talking about his family history. If he were living today, I know he would be so proud to see that I'm finding genealogical information on his Williams, Dunn, Bates, Burton, Boykins, and Wilkerson side of the family. 

I followed Charlie McKay's lineage through Ancestry and Family Search. Charles father was Monroe Mckay, and Monroe's father was Charles McKay. Charles was born around 1820 in Louisiana in the 1st Ward in Tangipahoa, Louisiana. He was married to Rina McKay. Charles said that his father's birthplace was Africa and his mother's birthplace was Virginia. He was a farmer. They had nine children living in the household with them in 1870;  Alexander, Moody, Nancy, Thomas, Isaac, Camile, and Mary McKay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas Holden, Sr.

Thomas Holden, Sr. Photo Courtesy of Ancestry/Donavin Cole Original submitted by Irishmocha67 Thomas was born in 1828 in Amite County, Missi...